Privacy Personal Information Secure
What we don’t do with your Personal Information
- We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
- We do not use the Personal Information we collect from you or your customers to contact or market to your customers or directly compete with you. However, Shopify may contact or market to your customers if we obtain their information from another source, such as from the customers themselves.
How do we keep your Personal Information secure?
- We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other Personal Information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
- We perform annual audits to ensure our handling of your credit card information aligns with industry guidelines. We are certified as a PCI DSS Level 1 compliant service provider, which is the highest level of compliance available, and our platform is audited annually by a third-party qualified security assessor.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
How do we protect your information across borders?
- Shopify may transmit Personal Information outside of your jurisdiction of residence. Shopify remains responsible for Personal Information that is transferred to a third party abroad for processing or to support our efforts. Any Personal Information transferred to a third party for data processing is subject, by law, to a comparable level of protection as that provided by Shopify. A “comparable level of protection” means a level of protection generally equivalent to that provided by Shopify.
Access to your personal information
You retain all rights to your Personal Information and can access it anytime. In addition, Shopify takes reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend or delete personal information that is shown to be inaccurate or incomplete.